Monday 15 April 2013

Targeted Results



Matched Content Keywords

Like many of you, one of the things I try to do with my music is to get my name out and get it noticed.
The way this works, for the most part, is through tags (keywords) that users search for on google/bing, youtube, facebook, etc…

One thing I struggled with for a long time was which tags to add to my videos and website to get the most amount of hits possible. Thanks to my partner network Fulscreen.net, I discovered the use of Google Adwords Keyword Tools. THIS THING IS AMAZING!!!


Hopefully the link works for you, if not just search for Adwords Keyword Tool, and you’ll find it.
I typed in the most common search terms/tags that I thought users would type in while looking for my kind of content, and hit search. Not only do the results show you all kinds of variations of the search terms, but they rank them by global monthly searches, and local monthly searches. 

I sorted the results by global rank, and now I have myself a huge list of very popular search terms to tag my online content with. Thus allowing my content to be found higher up in the results and allowing it to show up more often because of the different variations of the search terms I’ve found. 

Give it a shot and benchmark your content to see if you see a significant spike in results.

Best of luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment